Phishing is the most used form of social engineering and continues to be one of the primary methods of bad actors to attack businesses. In phishing, cyber criminals use emails to trick people into sharing their personal information by pretending to be a legitimate person or company. The employees are fooled into downloading malicious attachments and providing their sensitive information to links that lead to phishing sites.
According to a survey, “phishing scams were the most common cause of ransomware infection in 2020.” Most importantly, human error is one of the most common causes of successful phishing attacks, among which “employee distraction was the leading cause of employees clicking on phishing emails.”
It is high-time enterprises protect their business from phishing scams. While there are several ways to reduce successful phishing attacks, anti-phishing solutions can play a significant role to minimize the risk as much as possible. Here, we will talk about anti-phishing solutions, their importance, and the 8 best anti-phishing solutions for businesses.
Disclaimer: The list presented here is not based on any rank criteria. Listed as First could not be the best or listed as Last in the list is not the worst by any means. This is not a complete product review. Please don’t go with the order of the tools. We clarify that the order doesn’t carry any rank. We are not here to judge the rank of the tools. We created this post to share the best options available in the market. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
What Are Anti-phishing Solutions?
Anti-phishing Solutions are software that can help users identify phishing content that may be present in websites or emails, and block that with a warning to the user. They can scan users’ emails to identify whether they have been spoofed or not.
Why Do We Need Anti-phishing Solutions?
As mentioned above, phishing is one of the leading causes of ransomware infection and other cyber attacks. Organizations need Anti-phishing Solutions and services to protect their assets from phishing attacks. Moreover, an anti-phishing tool can help you prevent unauthorized spoofing. Some of its benefits include.
- Allow email traffic with whitelists
- Helps identify attack patterns
- Helps detect and predict phishing attacks
- Scans phishing emails and blocks them
What Are the Best Anti-phishing Solutions for Businesses in 2022?
Several tools are available to protect your business from phishing and help mitigate the impact of a successful attack. We have shortlisted some of the best anti-phishing solutions for businesses based on our work experience. Let’s see what tools we will see in the list of the best anti-phishing solutions for businesses.
1. Avanan Cloud Email Security
Avanan Cloud Email Security is one of the best anti-phishing solutions for businesses to protect against email compromise and prevent phishing, data leakage, account takeover, and malware attacks across the company. It is a feature-rich anti-phishing tool that enables full-suite cloud collaboration protection for G-Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Slack, etc.
- Prevents malicious email delivery to inbox
- Collaboration Security for Team, etc
- Ransomware and malware protection
- Uses AI to check relations between employees, emailing habits, and communication
2. Mimecast Email Security
Mimecast Email Security provides protection against advanced threats, including malicious URLs, malware, and phishing attacks. It is a cloud-based filtering service to secure email accounts and business communications. Moreover, it can prevent code-based attacks that initiate, either through phishing emails or sophisticated QR codes.
- Enables AI and machine learning-powered threat detection
- Flexible deployment
- Inspects upto 1.3B emails using a layered defense
- Integration with other security tools, including SOARs, SIEMs, and TIPs
3. Proofpoint Email Security
Proofpoint Email Security is another cloud-based as well as an on-prem anti-phishing tool for businesses to protect them against email fraud. It helps classify emails into categories based on the nature of attack, such as malware, phishing, spam, circle of trust, etc. Moreover, it can analyze several message attributes, such as the sender’s IP address, message body for words/phrases, etc., to identify whether that message is a threat or not.
- Uses multi-layered detection techniques to detect phishing emails
- Built-in admin controls to manage encrypted messages
- Availability of email warning tags
- Graymail identification
4. SpamTitan Email Security
SpamTitan Email Security is another best anti-phishing tool for businesses that provides advanced email protection to block phishing and ransomware email threats. It provides easy-to-use yet advanced email spam filtering to businesses, schools, and managed service providers.
- Advanced phishing protection against whaling and spear phishing
- Affordable compared to its competitors
- Double anti-virus protection
- Strengthens Office365 email security against malware
5. Zerospam Cloud Email Security
Zerospam Cloud Email Security is an anti-spam solution to protect businesses from email-borne threats, such as phishing, spear phishing, dangerous links, DOS attacks, etc. It provides complete protection against harmful email messages. Users can secure their emails against viruses using its ransomware and malware detection tool.
- Provides antivirus and anti-phishing protection
- Email monitoring and email filtering are available
- Blocks spoofed emails by default
- Prevention against spear phishing and whaling
6. Trend Micro ScamMail Suite
Trend Micro ScanMail Suite is an anti-phishing solution for businesses that prevents highly targeted email attacks by using enhanced web reputation, document exploit detection, and sandboxing. Additionally, it blocks email and file malware using web reputation technology.
- Block emails containing malicious URLs in the message body using enhanced URL protection
- Detects malware in Adobe PDF with an advanced threat scan engine
- Quarantines suspicious URLs or links for analysis
- Protects against phishing and targeted attacks
7. Cofense Protect
Cofense Protect is a real-time anti-phishing tool for businesses to deliver solutions for Office365 and Google Workspace. It protects users from existing, newly created, or never-before-seen attacks. Moreover, it enables fast deployment and begins detecting attacks immediately.
- Easy deployment and maintenance
- Real-time threat detection
- Employee protection against phishing websites, mediator pages, imposter emails, and more
- Enables advanced threat reporting
Ironscales is an email security and best anti-phishing tool for businesses to detect and remediate threats like BEC, account takeover, credential harvesting, and more. It aims to strengthen your email security via dynamic detection and analysis. Moreover, it offers end-user training for email security and awareness to strengthen defense against phishing.
- Fast deployment and easy management
- Smart dashboard to check insights and visualize attacks
- Baseline fingerprint to identify anomalous behavior
- Awareness training available
These tools provide advanced protection against phishing attacks and help strengthen your email security. While anti-phishing solutions play an integral role to defend businesses against phishing attacks, depending merely on tools is not a better option.
A combination of best security practices and tools can help to enhance email security and prevent phishing. Employees are the weakest link in email security. Awareness training programs can be beneficial to inform them about the best practices and tricks in combination with phishing tools to identify and remediate phishing attacks.
We hope this post would help you learn about the best anti-phishing solutions for businesses. Thanks for reading this post. Please share this post and help to secure the digital world. Visit our social media page on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Telegram, Tumblr, Medium & Instagram, and subscribe to receive updates like this.