Summary of CVE-2022-4262
|Associated CVE ID||CVE-2022-4262|
|Associated ZDI ID||–|
|CVSS Score||8.8 High|
|Attack Vector (AV)||Network|
|Attack Complexity (AC)||Low|
|Privilege Required (PR)||None|
|User Interaction (UI)||Required|
Google has acknowledged this flaw by releasing a patch. Google recommends Chrome users update their Chrome to the fixed version to avoid any consequences.
The updated version released by Google is Chrome 108.0.5359.94/.95. Chrome users are advised to install the security update immediately on whatever OS they use, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. Mac and Linux users are required to update version 108.0.5359.94, and Windows users are required to update 108.0.5359.94/.95.
More technical details about the attacks that can occur by exploiting this vulnerability are to be released by Google in the coming weeks. Until then, users must install the Chrome update to prevent threat actors from exploiting the flaw.
How to Upgrade Chrome Browser?
Chrome browser normally runs updates in the background when you close and then reopen your browser. However, if you haven’t done this for a while, a pending update might be available in a colored icon.
Different colors show how long it’s been since the update was released. The green color means an update was released less than two days ago. Follow the steps to update your Chrome browser to its latest version.
Upgrading your Chrome browser is easy, and it only takes a few moments. Follow these steps to complete the upgrade:
- Open your Chrome browser and click on the three vertical dots in the top right of the window.
- Click on ‘Help‘, then select ‘About Google Chrome‘ from the drop-down menu. A new page will open with details about your current version of Chrome, including whether or not an update is available.
- If an update is available, you’ll see a button that says ‘Update Google Chrome’. Click this button to start downloading and installing the latest version of Google Chrome onto your computer.
- Once the upgrade process is complete, you’ll see a message telling you that your Chrome browser has been successfully updated. Click ‘Relaunch‘ to finish the update and open Chrome with all of the new features included in the latest version.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Steps to Upgrade Chrome Browser
Follow these steps to apply the patch.
- Launch the update on Chrome
Open Chrome, and click on the three vertical dots in the top right of the window. Click on ‘Help’, then select ‘About Google Chrome’ from the drop-down menu. Chrome will start fetching the updates by its own if your computer is connected to the internet and an update is available.
- Relaunch the Browser
Once the upgrade process is complete, you’ll see a message telling you that your Chrome browser has been successfully updated. Click ‘Relaunch‘ to finish the update.
- Chrome is updated to the latest available patch
Chrome is updated to v108.0.5359.95.
Now that you know how to upgrade your Chrome browser, you can enjoy all of the latest features of the world’s most popular web browser. Keeping your Chrome up to date is essential for staying secure and making sure you have access to all the newest tools, apps, and extensions.
Please share this post if you find this interested. Visit our social media page on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Telegram, Tumblr, Medium & Instagram, and subscribe to receive updates like this.