MX Linux is another popular Linux distribution in the Linux community. It is the perfect match for both servers and desktops as it inherits the package from the Debian platform. Now it is available for various hardware from large-size servers to tiny single-board computers like Raspberry Pi. It sounds incomplete if you don’t put your hands on this Linux distribution. Let’s see how to install MX Linux on VMWare Workstation. Well, you can install the MX Linux directly on your local machine, however, it is good to try it on the virtual machine.
What Is MX Linux
MX Linux is a cooperative venture between the antiX and former MEPIS communities, using the best tools and talents from each distro. It is a midweight Linux OS based on Debian Linux which is designed to combine an elegant and efficient desktop with simple configuration, high stability, solid performance, and a medium-sized footprint. MX Linux ships with Xfce as its default desktop environment but also supports other popular desktop environments such as KDE, Gnome, Mate, and LXDE. MX Linux is also available in a 64-bit version. All these factors made this Linux suitable for both beginners and advanced users.
There are many ways to get MX Linux. The recommended way is to download the MX Linux ISO from the official website and create a bootable USB drive using Etcher (for Windows, Mac, and Linux) or Rufus (for Windows). Once you have created the bootable USB drive, simply boot from it and follow the on-screen instructions to install MX Linux. If you want to try MX Linux without installing it, you can use live mode. To do this, select the “Live” option from the boot menu. This will boot you into a live session of MX Linux where you can explore all the features without making any changes to your system.
If you don’t want to try this on your system hardware, there is another popular way to install and run the MX Linux simultaneously with your host operating system. We are talking about virtual machines. Let’s try MX Linux on VMWare.
Prerequisites To Install MX Linux On VMWare Workstation:
To install MX Linux on VMWare Workstation you just need a physical machine, VMWare Workstation Pro or Player, and a Red Hat Enterprise ISO image.
- A host system with minimum:
- 8 GB of memory
- A quad core CPU
- 500 GB of Hard Drive
- VMWare Workstation Pro or Player application:
- MX Linux ISO image is to install on VMWare Workstation.
How To Install MX Linux On VMWare Workstation?
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Install MX Linux on VMWare Workstation?
- Fier up VMWare Workstation
- Select Custom Configuration Wizard
- Select Virtual Machine Hardware Compatibilityrkstation
- Select the operating system media
- Select the guest operating system
- Name the virtual machine name and location
- Allocate the processor
- Allocate the memory for the virtual machine
- Choose the network configuration
- Select the I/O control type
- Select the disk type
- Select the virtual disk
- Select the disk capacity
- Browse the virtual disk
- Click Finish
- Click Close Botton
- Supply the MX Linux ISO image.
- Power on the virtual machine
- Boot the MX Linux
- MX-19.4 patito feo – Press Close Button
- Dubble click on the Installer icon to fire up the installation
- Select the keyboard settings
- Select the disk to install MX Linux operating system
- Format the disk
- Installation In Progress
- Select the Computer Network Name
- Select the Localization Defaults and Time Zone.
- Create a User Account
- Waite files to the disk
- Complete the Installation
- Reboot the VM
- boot the machine
- MX Linux desktop
This is how you should install MX Linux on VMWare Workstation. We hope this tutorial post will help you in installing MX Linux on VMWare Workstation. Thanks for reading this post. Please share this post and help to secure the digital world. Visit our social media page on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Telegram, Tumblr, & Medium and subscribe to receive updates like this.