HOW TO PROTECT AZURE ACTIVE DIRECTORY FROM UNDETECTED BRUTE-FORCE ATTACKS?
Security researchers identified a flaw in Azure AD (Active Directory) Single Sign-On protocol which could let an attacker perform single-factor brute-force attacks against Azure AD (Active Directory) without generating sign-in events. Let’s see how to protect Azure AD (Active Directory) from undetected brute-force attacks.
1. What Is Azure Active Directory?
2. How Does Azure AD Seamless Single Sign-On Work?
3. How Attackers Abuse Azure AD Seamless SSO Flaw To Perform Undetected Brute-Force Attacks?
4. How To Protect Azure Active Directory From Undetected Brute-Force Attacks?
Table of Contents :
1. Enable Dynamic Banned Password:
2. Enable Password Hash Sync:
3. Azure AD Smart Lock Out:
4. Block legacy authentication:
5. Implement Azure AD Privileged Identity Management:
6. Implement sign-in risk policy:
7. Multi-factor Authentication:
8. Monitor Azure AD Identity Protection events:
There are some best practices. Such cyber-attacks can be prevented by following them.