WHAT IS AUTHENTICATION BYPASS VULNERABILITY? HOW TO PREVENT IT?
Authentication plays a vital role in the security of a web application. When you provide login credentials to authenticate and prove your identity, the application assigns specific privileges to you, depending on the identity established by applied credentials. When a hacker breaks into an application or a system being a valid user, he can access all privileges assigned by the administrator to that user.
1. What Is Authentication Bypass Vulnerability?
2. How Can Authentication Bypass Vulnerability Be Exploited?
3. Authentication Bypass Vulnerability Example:
4. Impact Of Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
5. How To Prevent Authentication Bypass Vulnerability?
Table of Contents :
* Many default servers and applications come with unsecured folders or data.
* Administrators fail to secure data and servers.
* Users do not reset default passwords.
* Web applications or websites might include files that lack authentication.
Here are some reasons that allow hackers to bypass authentication.