HOW TO FIX THE THREE NEW BUFFER OVERFLOW VULNERABILITIES IN CANON PRINTERS- (CVE-2022-24672, CVE-2022-24673, CVE-2022-24674)
The world’s popular printers manufacturer, Canon, disclosed three new buffer overflow vulnerabilities in multiple Canon printers. The vulnerabilities are assigned with CVE IDs CVE-2022-24672, CVE-2022-24673, and CVE-2022-24674 are High severity vulnerabilities with a CVSS score of 8.8.
1. List Of Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities In Canon Printers:
2. Summary Of CVE-2022-24672- Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities In The CADM Service:
3. Summary Of CVE-2022-24673- Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities In The Implementation Of The SLP Protocol:
4. Summary Of CVE-2022-24674- Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities In The Privet API:
5. Products Affected By These Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities:
6. How To Fix The Three New Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities In Canon Printers?
Table of Contents :
1. Change the default password of the printer to a new complex password.
2. Enable the passwords for all admin and non-admin accounts.
3. Configure the printers behind the firewall and VPNs and implement network and access restrictions.
4. Use the encrypted network channel to connect the printers over the internet.
5. Disable the ports is not in use.
6. Set the product’s security function settings as strong as possible.
7. Keep the firmware version up to date.
8. Back up the data and configurations settings regularly.
How To Fix The Three New Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities In Canon Printers?