HOW A THREAT GROUP CARRIED OUT LINUX CRYPTOJACKING CAMPAIGN FROM ROMANIA?
Researchers warned of an active Linux Cryptojacking campaign targeting Linux-based machines with weak SSH credentials to deploy Monero mining malware. Let’s see how the group has carried out this campaign. Bruit force can easily be detected and protected. So, the actors behind this campaign have used a trick that lets them do it in a way that lets attackers go undetected.
* Who Is Behind This Linux Cryptojacking Campaign?
* How An Attacker Group Carried Out Linux Cryptojacking Campaign?
* What Tool Is Used To Carry Out Linux Cryptojacking Campaign?
* How To Be Protected From The Linux Cryptojacking Campaign?
* Indicators Of Compromise:
Table of Contents :
1. Use strong passwords.
2. Enable key-based authentication.
3. Secure the network using MAC and IP address filters.
4. Monitor services and system resources.
5. Use anti-malware programs.
6. Monitor the IOCs and block them on the firewalls.
7. Rebuild the machine from a clean backup if you see your machine is compromised.
How To Be Protected From The Linux Cryptojacking Campaign?