5 OPEN-SOURCE AND TOOLS TO AUDIT THE SECURITY OFIoT DEVICES
The use of Internet of Things (IoT) devices is rapidly growing due to the exponential increase in global volumes of data. According to a report by the Business Research Company, the Internet of Things (IoT) market is estimated to grow at the rate of 24% through 2025.
1. Why Do You Need To Audit The Security Of IoT Devices?
2. Open-Source Tools To Audit The Security Of IoT Devices 2.1. Routersploit 2.2. PENIOT 2.3. Objection 2.4. Binwalk 2.5. Firmwalker
3. Final Words
Table f Contents :
* Advanced Message Queuing Protocol
* Bluetooth Low Energy
* Constraint Application Tool
* Message Queuing Telemetry Transport
* etc/shadow and etc/password * Search for SSL related files such as .crt, .pem, etc. * list out the etc/SSL directory * look for script and configuration files * search for .bin files * Search for common web servers used by IoT devices * Search for keywords, such as password, admin, remote, etc. * search for email addresses, URLs, and IP addresses * Search for common binaries such as FTTP, SSH, dropbear, etc * Experimental support for calling Shodan API via the Shodan CLI