EXPLORE PACKAGE MANAGEMENT IN LINUX
We have created this post to strengthen your knowledge of package management in Linux. We will start from basic: what is a package, repositories, popular packages, and all the way up to how to determine which package is right for your Linux distribution.
1. What Are The Packages?
2. What Are Software Repositories?
3. What Are The Popular Package Managers?
4. How To Identifying Compatible Packages For Your Linux Distribution?
4. 1. Identifying Which One Is Right
4. 2. Compatible Packages
5.Installing, Updating, Removing Repositories, Dependencies, And Packages
5. 1. Installing:
5. 2. Updating:
5. 3. Removing Repositories:
5. 4. Finding Which Package Installed Which File:
5. 5. Dpkg to Find The Package Providing File:
5. 6. Few Commands:
Table of Contents :
* Arch Linux:
* Gentoo Linux:
* Slackware Linux:
* Graphical user involvement: