WHAT IS A PRIVILEGE ESCALATION ATTACK? HOW TO PREVENT PRIVILEGE ESCALATION ATTACKS?
Privilege escalation is a vulnerability used to gain access to applications, networks, and mission-critical systems. And privilege escalation attacks exploit security vulnerabilities and progressively increase criminal access to computer systems. In this article, we’ll discuss privilege escalation attack in-depth, how it works, the types and impact of these attacks, and how to prevent privilege escalation attacks. Let’s get started.
1. What Is A Privilege Escalation Attack?
2. How Do Privilege Escalation Attacks Work?
2.1. Common Privilege Escalation Attacks Examples
2.2. Privilege Escalation Attack Techniques
3. What Are The Types Of Privilege Escalation Attacks?
3.1.1. Horizontal Privilege Escalation
3.2.2. Vertical Privilege Escalation
4. Impact Of Privilege Escalation Attack
5. How To Prevent Privilege Escalation Attacks?
Table of Contents :
* It can enter the organization’s IT infrastructure
* Modify permissions to steal sensitive information
* Add, delete or modify users
* Create backdoor for future attacks
* Gain access systems and files and disrupt the operations
* Crash the website
Impact Of Privilege Escalation Attack