However, we will show you how to run the Linux shell on Windows using Cygwin, an open-source tool that allows running the Linux shell, commands, install Linux packages and scripts on Windows. If you are a developer, system administrator, security engineer, or any IT professional, if your work needs to run the Linux shell on your Windows machine, then this post is for you.
1. What Is Cygwin? 2. Benefits Of Using Cygwin: 3. Why Should You Run Linux The Shell On Windows? 4. Basic Requirements To Run Cygwin: 5. How To Run The Linux Shell On Windows? 6. How To Install A Package Manager In Cygwin? 7. How To Install Packages In Cygwin? 8. How To Uninstall Cygwin From Windows?
Table f Contents :
* You Can Use Powerful Tools and Utilities: * You Can Use Bash Scripts: * Development Options: * It’s Free: * For Fun:
Why Should You Run Linux The Shell On Windows?
How to Run the Linux Shell on Windows?
Launch the Cygwin Terminal
How To Install A Package Manager In Cygwin?
1. Is Cygwin the same as Linux?
2. Is Cygwin safe to install?
3. How do I install everything in Cygwin?
4. How do I add new packages to the existing Cygwin installation?