Now Graphical User Interface (GUI) has become an integral part of today’s operating system. Before there was GUIS, there were terminals. You can imagine today’s Command Line Interface (CLI) with terminals. A computer terminal is a bridge between the computer and humans.
1. What Is A Linux Terminal?
2. How To Open A Terminal?
2.1. Few Examples Commands To Try.
3. How To Close A Terminal?
4. Reading Command Prompt
5. Without GUI
Table of Contents
Important keyboard shortkeys to operate terminal:
1. Open terminal: Ctrl + Alt + T
2. New tab: Ctrl + Shift + T
3. Close tab: Ctrl + Shift + W
4. Switch tab: Ctrl + Pg Up and Ctrl + Pg Dn
5. Move tab: Ctrl + Shift + Pg Up and Ctrl + Shift + Pg Dn